8. Bawnboy Road & Templeport Railway Station
This station was built in 1887 on the Cavan and Leitrim narrow gauge Railway line which connected the Great Northern Railway line at Belturbet with the Dublin Sligo line at Dromod. The line closed in 1959 and the station was rebuilt as a community centre in 2000.
More about Templeport and Bawnboy Road Station may be found at: www.iol.ie/~bawnboy
Templeport Railway station in 1959 just before the line closed.
Templeport and Bawnboy Rd Railway station from a painting by Partick Duffy
2 January, 2009 15:43